Saturday, May 20, 2017

Ben's little blue bowl...

Made an executive decision yesterday and took Ben's large trough out of service.  Decided it was kind of silly to have so much water sitting out there for just him (and occasionally Javier), especially since I was loosing a lot to evaporation.  Years ago someone gave me a float valve and I thought it might finally be time to try it out.  Ben inspected and approved the new water source as soon as I set it up to fill for the first time.  So far so good.  80,83,71,0,W

8 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Nice.

Unknown said...

How is the big red car wash brush working out?

John Wells said...

Ben uses it occasionally...but has yet to fall in love with it.

Janet said...

I like it. The water should be much cleaner and fresher and maybe cooler.

Ronald Mahan said...

Don & I have had good luck with float valves in our guzzler troughs. We protect them with heavy timbers held down by large rocks.I suspect Ben introduces a huge magnitude of potential damage to any float valve you might place in the area. Those long horns look pretty lethal! The largest animals we have watering are deer & javelinas - but most are birds of all kinds!

Unknown said...

Ben might like a horizontal brush high enough for his back. Just a thought as I've heard good things about back scratchers for cattle. I know he really enjoys it when you scratch his back! ;-)

Margery Billd said...

Good idea Sam. That is one area animals usually cannot reach and so it is a favorite area to be petted or scratched.

Unknown said...

Why would Ben opt for an unintuitive stationary brush when he is in love with a perfect human brush nearby... Also it may be too soft, his thick skin may not feel it as much.