Wednesday, February 10, 2010

last bad weather...?

Well I guess we know who the real star of the Field Lab is. Nice to know so many folks appreciate Benita as much as I do. I think she is on her way to being the most famous longhorn in Texas.

Mostly overcast skies all day with yet one more day of rain in the forecast. Hopefully Scruffy's voodoo and Benita's early return truly signal the beginning of spring in the desert. Chopped and ground parts for the final 20 flanges. Just in case we get rain tomorrow - I prepped the pump intake. Also on the list was to fence in the last of my prize front yard Yuccas. The longhorns love using them as a scratching post and have knocked over 6 tall ones in the past two years - but they ain't gonna get this one. Not to worry....I will install an artificial scratching post far superior to a vulnerable Yucca. 28,48,36,0

10 comments:

robdham said...

I think that returning gal is with calf.

mike said...

Nice water intake, now let it rain.

Caboose said...

I truly enjoy your photos and your comments about the TFL on a daily bases. You have inspired me on doing my projects as well. I do believe Benita will be the TFL's mascot.

Anonymous said...

With that sky, there is room for many stars. And they all shine.

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100210

neil said...

Sorry about the short timelapse - I restarted my PC yesterday after windows updates and forgot to restart image capture.

tffnguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tffnguy said...

John, Now that its rained again maybe Benita will give you a ride to the Grub Shack? Wouldn't that be a sight!

mike said...

Where do those cows get a drink of water??

Allen Hare said...

Good luck on the rain. Wish I could send you some of my weather - it's snowing like mad here in Dallas today, with 4" - 5" accumulation.

Those shipping pallets make pretty good fence sections.