Saturday, February 6, 2010

mini me...

Had an unusual start to my day out here....went out to pee before sunrise and heard some noise out behind the house. Clicked on my flashlight and caused a stampede of about 20 longhorns. Kind of a nice way to start the day. When the sun finally came up, part of the group was perched on the hill west of me - no doubt waiting for the breakfast signal.

Got half of the flanges welded in today on the high center part of the roof. I have to return the scaffold soon that I borrowed from my buddy Marbert. Another day or two and I will be done with those hard to reach spots.

Drove out my road this afternoon to get some lunch and only hit a couple of swampy spots. I'm still sore from the walk to the GrubShack 2 days ago. Picked up a package at the mailboxes - from Scruffy Jones. My Benita wine bottle stopper arrived! Is is adorable...I sure hope Benita likes it. 55,82,33,0

4 comments:

mike said...

yay, the longhorns are back

Caboose said...

Good to see the Long Horns! Do they belong to some one?

Allen Hare said...

Love them cows!

Scruffy Jones said...

You are in your longhorn-whispering journey...I just hope mini-B's journey in darkness and bouble-wrap wasn't too traumatic. I'm happy she's home now.