Thursday, February 4, 2010

the long walk...

Up at 5AM this morning and somehow the early hours passed quickly. Fed some birds and longhorns this morning then layed back down for a half hour. Got back up at 9:45 and went for a walk....a 5 mile round trip walk for lunch at the Grubshack - my road is too muddy to drive. I must say that it took a little effort but was very zen. Hows that for a carbon and calorie offset?

Kind of beat when I returned home so I sat in a chair and did some welding. Got a bit of a second wind and finished cutting and welding 30 flanges for the roof system by the end of the day. In the mean time, I was slowly draining some of the water I pumped yesterday into my 3000 gallon tank - to top off one of the 1550 gallon tanks by the creek. I still got room for another 1500 gallons or so... 49,73,45,0

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv that photo of the road John! Yes very Zen I think.

Caboose said...

Thanks for sharing that with us!

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100204

Allen Hare said...

A five mile walk every day would do you, or anyone else, good. You could still get all the exercize benifits, shorten the time doing it, help the environment, save money on gas, and save wear & tear on your truck by getting a mountain bike and riding it up there every day for your breakfast and/or lunch. It's a win, win, win, win, win kinda thing!
As always, wishing you well and continued success in your projects.

Anonymous said...

It's 2.5 miles. Not K2.

Mr.Mischief said...

regardless, 5 miles round trip is good exercise anyway you look at it...kudos op all the work you are getting done :)