Thursday, January 6, 2011

debris cleared

Finished up the organizing today...good to get the debris cleared.  Kinda looking forward to roofing again (at least that is what I am telling myself tonight).  This is the mess that is my other two storage containers.  Good thing is, at least half of this stuff will be moving into the office and new house once those containers get insulated and walled up.  Then perhaps I will be able to move freely in all 4 containers.  Rather nice to be one step closer to the final product.  Already took 9 bags of trash to Alpine - next trip...a big load for the recycling center.  54,72,41,0,B

9 comments:

Allen Hare said...

John, this is really starting to look great. I guess none of us knew that you were planning to make a home out of one of the containers. Are you planning to cut a window out of one of the sides? There is a company here in Dallas called Mobile Mini, which makes everything you could think of out of shipping containers. They have some real nice designs, with windows, doors, awnings, interior partitions, etc. set up for mobile offices and such. You might get some good ideas from a look at their website, if they have one. I know whatever you come up with will be top notch. Looking forward to seeing your design.

tffnguy said...

I think I'm going to have to follow your lead and dump a bunch of stuff that's in the dungeon. It needs to leave here.

Unknown said...

I have a container and I know that inches are important. Go to the website www.truprotect.com the product is made in Lubbock and may be just what you need to finish your home and office.

Rhonda said...

Inspires one to clear the clutter. :)

and... DO I see a piano?

A&B'sGranny said...

You're doing a great job.. all the way around!

Stock said...

Did I miss the story on the pay phone on the wall? Nice touch.

JCK said...

Happy New Year, John!

Funny, I noticed the pay phone this time, too.

It's a good life you're leading, and hopefully I can see it in person someday.

Unknown said...

How much of your hard earned $cash$ do you suppose was invested in all the "stuff" in your containers? Kind of blows ones mind to think of all the "stuff" we want and think we need only pile it up somewhere doesn't it?

Phil said...

Yeah, I've been wondering what's up with the pay-phone too.