Friday, January 21, 2011

Field Lab Gypsies

Got that first chunk of perlin welded into place and gathered materials for the rest of the stretch.  Short day due to overnighters that arrived this afternoon.  My buddy Dennis Baker showed up with 8 in toe to camp for the night at The Field Lab.  The boys set up shop while I finished up the welding.  I gave the crew the grand tour, then we all hunkered down at sunset for ribeyes, taters, beans, and award winning dutch oven peach cobbler by the campfire.  60,71,25,0,B

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sunset repast is a great reward for completion of your roof project...

Unknown said...

Nice.. Wish I were in West Texas now .. -31 last night here in Minnesota.

Your pictures sent me back to last year when were were in West Texas and we had my parents and relatives visit us on site.. Thanks for the throw back!

delgrego said...

Looks like somebody's goin' off to drain the ol' lizard at the right in that first photo.

Gavin Thomas said...

John, congratulations on getting the bike-o-worsher into the newest issue of Make: magazine. I was surprised to be flicking through the amazing devices on their pages to then see the washer there.

Zev said...

Looks like a great time!