Thursday, January 27, 2011

return...

Had early morning business in Alpine - hence the overnighter at the Antelope Lodge.  Got my fill of PizzaHut, TV, and looooong shower but didn't sleep well at all...I'm too used to my own little bed.  One trick to keep in mind about that motel is that after an especially cold night - sometimes the hot water won't work in the shower.  After many stays there, I learned that all you have to do is open all the faucets and wait about 15 minutes and the hot will start to flow. 

Morning events went very well,  picked up a few items, visited with Suzy and Carla ( Benita's biggest Alpine fans) then sped south for a "just before closing" lunch at the GrubShack.  Main item of need was more C purlin to finish up the south side prep for the gutters.  Not only does Johnson Feed supply my Benita snacks, they also keep a nice inventory of structural steel on hand.    49,70,18,0,C

4 comments:

MsBelinda said...

That was not a very long get away...but glad it was productive none the less.

Jeff said...

Curious to know what you felt about watching tv. I'm quitting cable-tv today because ...well mainly because its crap. So I'm just wondering if you were happy with what you saw when you watched or if it tasted like stale bread?

Unknown said...

For..jeff We just dropped our satellite tv. for just a few hours each month it was not worth the $60 for a basic line up.

We recently got a Roku box which allows us to stream from netflix, pandora and some other web based suppliers.

Allen Hare said...

I gave up TV long ago. There is some good content, but not when I want to watch. Pretty much watch anything I want to via Netflix streaming or mailed DVDs. Cable is way to expensive to justify.

John, the rack on the truck sure comes in handy. I want a truck with a rack!