Monday, September 19, 2016

AS SEEN ON TV

OK...I didn't see it on TV but I totally bought into an ad for these on an internet news channel I was watching last week.  I just received my order from dial vision and I have to say they actually work!  I can even "dial them in" for reading.  Figured I would try them out to have on hand in case of an emergency.  My distance vision is very poor and I am lost without my glasses.  When I rolled the ATV and broke my leg, my glasses fell off and I couldn't find them so I hopped up and road home in a blur.  The ambulance driver found them when they took me out but they were a little scratched up (luckily they didn't crush them on the way in).  My spare pair still had paint specs all over the lenses from when I was using the sprayer on my greenhouse trusses. So I went for the "special offer" that included sunglasses.  They are rather cheaply made and pretty ugly...and they are no excuse to skip a full exam from an optometrist - but they will definitely work "in a pinch".  Note:  The corrected field of vision is not as wide as a regular pair of prescription glasses.  92,98,69,0,B  

7 comments:

Jim said...

My glasses got scratched up while I was out there last time. Finally got in to see the eye doctor this past weekend. Got some contact lenses right there, but my glasses always take at least 2 weeks. I've got really bad eyes. I actually saw the commercial on tv last weekend and was skeptical. Glad they work for ya.

Dizzy-Dick said...

When I got my cataracts removed, I opted for distance lenses so I didn't need to wear glasses while driving. I have several pairs of reading glasses that I picked up over the years at Wal-Mart or the drug stores. Works for me.

Margery Billd said...

Go to the eye doctor and get an exam and some good glasses. That could stop any headaches too. Tomorrow it is my turn to go to the dentist too. Some serious emergency work.

Jeff said...

I agree with Margery, dollar store is not the answer because if your eyes are like mine they are different between the pair of eyes. I wear trifocals, however just had computer glasses made ( middle vision and reading) and it sure beats squinting thru the middle section of glasses. No need to skip on eyes! Jeff

Larry G said...

Maybe John got a free pair for promoting them! ;-)

Rita B. said...

Thanks for the review John. I see that commercial regularly and was wondering about those. I try to always keep an extra pair of glasses in the glovebox. Those might be a good investment. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks to technology laser surgery sorted this for me 15 years ago. One eye long and one eye short distance. It was the most practical and cost effective option in the long run for me.