Thursday, September 15, 2016

strength training

Up to a mile and a half walk each morning now.  My ankle is still pretty stiff from being imobilized for so long but the mended bones seem to be holding their own just fine.  A new part of my "strength training" includes some walking around with my 70 lb paramotor on my back.  I was surprised a couple of days ago when I tried it for the first time that it wasn't really too bad - although it sure feels heavier than it did 2 years ago.  Taxiing seems to be OK but launching and landing are out of the question for awhile.  Still planning on getting some wheels for my rig.  88,92,67,0,B

5 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Very good for you John. I love being healthy. It feels so good. :-) And getting there feels good when I go in the pool. You know Balmorhea has the world's largest underground and water pools.

pamit said...

As someone still recovering from torn knee ligaments / surgery in January, I cheer your recovery, John! Don't be surprised if other parts of your leg (i.e. hip) complain as your leg gets back to normal. As the muscles build back up, the bones and joints get pushed around. Patience (and in your case, prayer, I reckon) is your friend.

Larry G said...

hang in ... and keep walking.. it's good for you in general...

;-)

J said...

When you get tired of the para rig you can get something like this. A tiny jet airplane!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdCt6qgj9k&feature=youtu.be

Off Grid Research said...

Stay with it John.
I got me a fat tire bike a couple of months ago and ride a couple of miles at least 4 days a week. Beats no exercise at all.