Thursday, September 8, 2016

some success...


Well...I couldn't find my long ethernet cable so I ordered 2 twenty footers for 14 bucks including overnight shipping.  Got them this afternoon and solved my problem with the weathercam - sort of.  Setting it up through WeatherUnderground was pretty easy, but for some reason when I go to my station and click on webcam it says "Missing webcam" but when I go to WunderMap and click on "webcams" it shows up.  It can be viewed here.  Also, I discovered my weather station marker on the map is off by about 2 miles.  Since it is all sort of working now, I am not going to mess with it until I get a second wind and start all over from scratch.  Live streaming from Ustream seems to be working fine but getting up close and personal with Ben and Javier is out of the question for now.  I contacted the seller on Amazon about the long cable and although it says in the description that it will power a webcam - they said they couldn't guarantee it would power ANY webcam.  Just printed out the return authorization and off it goes tomorrow.  Speaking of returns...the little fried FlightRadar24 box got shipped back to Germany 2 weeks ago.  As soon as I emailed the postage receipt, they reimbursed my PayPal account right away.  It is nice when things work the way they are supposed to.  90,96,76,0,B  

12 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Better. Good for you. You are really getting esconsed with vitals in your kingdom.

Margery Billd said...

Ensconced

Margery Billd said...

I might have been quixotic.

remmij said...

did the creepy clowns show up when the camera was turned on… or is that just in the link?
camera on

Margery Billd said...

That is the fire hydrant there too.

Rita B. said...

looks like you're having another beautiful sunset. Cheers.

Janet said...

Looks like sleepy Alpine had a rough day as a 14 year old high school student shot another student. It's beginning to sounds like the big city.

Unknown said...

Had I not known better I could have sworn these are the days of Hitler -wundermap..ustream..weather underground..flightradar...Germany. Have faith. Perseverance always pays off. Nice and green out there Field Lab! We have a sever drought over here inn KZN

Vikas said...

Beautiful morning! Now all you need is a motor that rotates the camera and gives us a 360 view :-)

just.Bob said...

Alpine making big news.

remmij said...

night moves

czardastx said...

I just went to the Wunderground site and did a map search for your setup. It seems that they have you in the correct location on the map however they list your location as Taurus Mesa, TX. Everything I looked at on Wunderground looked good.