Saturday, January 30, 2010

final countdown...

Got started early today and prepped a few more purlins. After about an hour of cutting and welding, it suddenly occurred to me that it was time to shut down production. Popped 4 loafs of bread in the solar oven to try out the new mini dutch ovens. Now I will have samples for the visitors. The rest of the day was all about curb appeal. Expecting 3 waves of folks coming by tomorrow for the Terlingua Homes Tour. Finished cleaning up outside and made a desperate run to Study Butte for last minute items. My road is only squishy in one spot so it's good to go for tomorrow. End of the day was all about cleaning the hut. Wish I could keep it this clean all the time. I have worked my way through most of the 128 sq.ft. and backed myself into the corner work area where this blog is produced every day. Will polish that off in the morning. 47,68,27,0

8 comments:

mike said...

yum yum

S.A.B.L.E. said...

The bread looks yummy. I love my cast iron pieces. Hope all goes well with the home tours. I love the photos on your post. Curious as to what kind of camera you use.

Caboose said...

The Bread looks good.. Hope your home tour goes good, let us know.

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100129
TFL-TimeLapse-20100130

KMS Woodworks said...

can you post some pics of your solar oven?

Nat said...

I miss seeing "The Field Lab" shadow sign drift up from the bottom of the screen near the end of the time lapse videos. Where did it go? There's just an empty square of light there now.

Gwen said...

Let's see... you invent, design, build, weld, take care of the longhorns who wander into your place, bake, clean, think about your guests' needs, and then post about it intelligently on this blog... I do believe you are the perfect man!

. . . . . said...

That's some fine lookin' bread, John! Keep warm out there.