Wednesday, January 20, 2010

pizza delivery

Only got 2 hours of welding in this morning before the high winds kicked in...15 - 35 mph from noon till sunset. My friend Maria from Sul Ross University was out in the wind today counting and examining the Terlingua Cats Eye plants on my property. When they bloom in April - I will be setting up a time lapse camera to help her identify which bug pollinates them.

Windy day = good excuse to go visit my buddy Carolyn at H2O to Go down in Study Butte. Hung out with her for awhile then got back to the ranch around 3PM. Long afternoon just staying out of the wind. Didn't really deserve a treat after such an unproductive day - but UPS delivered it so I just had to cook it up and eat it. Even out here in the far reaches of the SW Texas desert, it is possible to have pizza delivered from Chicago. This is a very good thing, indeed... http://www.tastesofchicago.com/ 54,77,31,0

6 comments:

S.A.B.L.E. said...

Isn't mail order great!!!! and the internet makes it faster and easier. Bon appetit!

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100120

Allen Hare said...

UPS must have a special container they ship that pizza in. The label on the package says "Keep Frozen". What a concept! Pizza delivery from Chicago to Terlingua via UPS!
Great photo, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I got NY pizza shipped to me once. Yours is bigger! he he

Scruffy Jones said...

I gotta still be stuck in a very old-fashioned time...you got yo'self pizza delivered to you from Chicago? Me = ever bewildered by this bizarre and amazing life.

Caboose said...

WOW! The longest pizza delivery I have ever heard of. Enjoy!