Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scruffy comes through like a champ...

Did my sky monkey thing today but was only able to fill in one row. I really need to get up to speed but rather sidetracked this week with the home tour coming up on Sunday. Trying to figure it out as I go...how much more work to do on the greenhouse before I switch gears to final prep for visitors on Sunday.

And as usual...I had yet another side project going on. I just received four 1 qt. dutch ovens that I ordered last week. Planning on some more solar bread experiments with little loaves so I can go into production with a larger solar oven for the Terlingua Farmers Market this summer. While climbing up and down the scaffold today - I seasoned the ovens in my gas grill so "weather permitting" I can bake some bread on Saturday.
Had a nice surprise ending to the day. Got a message from my friend Scruffy Jones that my Benita wine bottle stopper was completed. (cmon....everybody needs a Benita wine stopper) Checked her link to photos of the finished work http://scruffysgallery.blogspot.com/ and it really made me miss Benita because she did such a fantastic job. Scruffy even included Benita's ankle lizard.....how sweet is that? 56,78,24,0

10 comments:

mike said...

I miss that longhorn.

Unknown said...

I'd be loving those dutch ovens :)

Caboose said...

John, you will love the Dutch Ovens. I cook in them all the time, and I use an iron frying pan too. You can cook with them in an open fire after the fire has died down put the oven on some coals and put some coals on top, you will make some good beer bread.

Scruffy is a great woman, I like the wine bottle Benita cork, looks just like Benita. MOW MOW

Anonymous said...

I miss that longhorn.

Allen Hare said...

Excellent post. Glad you got some work done on the greenhouse. Little by little...

That Scruffy seems like a hell of a gal. I like her artistic sensibility. She's easy on the eyes, too...

I belong to a group of folks called the Lone Star Dutch Oven Society. They promote Dutch Oven cooking all throughout the State. You can find them on-line at www.lsdos.com. There's probably a local chapter in your area. Good luck with those neat little Dutch Ovens. I think you're really gonna like what comes out of them.

Can't wait to hear the review of the Homes Tour. Hope it all goes well.

Scruffy Jones said...

You = Da Bomb! Thanks for everything, and I hope I can try your beer bread sometime.
Scruff

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100124
TFL-TimeLapse-20100125
TFL-TimeLapse-Jan1-25
TFL-TimeLapse-20100126

Nikki said...

Scurff is the shiznit!

skyblue said...

John: Your blog is almost addictive. I wonder if you are picking up the cowpies to use in your compost operation?
Interested in reading about the Ms Congeniality of Big Bend Resort. I worked there for 5 months and know first hand about her horrible customer/employee penny-pinching attitude. She was already on a couple of patrons who spent far more than electricity cost about their use of computer. Shameful. Employees were afraid of her because they needed the jobs...but all deplored her super micromanaging attitude. She has no idea about how to run a business. Anyway, find another way to get wi-fi.

mike said...

hay Neil I luv those time lapse movies.