Saturday, June 9, 2012

TFL in Maui

Mowed the lawn.  Cleaned up the batteries I bought over a year ago - hooked up and charging now.  Saw this photo on facebook today from my friend Amber Hills.  This is her husband Steve and his dad Don.  The Hills' were my close friends and neighbors back in upstate NY.  Steve did the architectural drawings for the rebuild on my house there after I had a bad fire...also hired as grunt labor for the construction.  Don was the moral support.  Somehow the kid got out Spencertown and lives in Maui now with his wife Amber and their new daughter Emma.  Look at all that WATER!  98,112,61,0,C,0

6 comments:

Chris Miller said...

NICE work on that battery bank. We're putting together our solar back in AZ now just so it's ready for the move to TR. Hoping to be saving on our electric bill by shutting off the AC and running most everything from solar, including a swamp cooler.

Put up our post on Our180.com tonight about our trip out to TFL. It was really the highlight of the trip for us. Thanks a lot for having us.

Dizzy-Dick said...

The shears are probably almost too big for your lawn.

larsyn said...

The rabbits will mow the lawn for you. Maybe the chicken nwould help.

Allen Hare said...

Nice 'lawn'.

Nice looking battery bank. I hope the floor of the greenhouse is not it's permanent home. Do you coat all that copper with anything to prevent corrosion?

Great Maui pic. Wish we were there.

The daily condition report would seem to indicate a new high. Ugh....

Chris Miller said...

I am going to bed confused as to why the first battery is not in series with it's counterpart below? I am guessing these are 6v batteries and you're running a 12v system but that first battery at the top left doesn't seem to fit in my mind. I'm probably missing something.

Chris Miller said...

Wait... did they sticker it wrong?