Monday, August 8, 2016

almost stuck...



Major garbage/recycling/supply run to Alpine today.  Was supposed to be zero percent chance of rain today but some good chances coming up later in the week.  Dumped 4 bags of garbage and 6 bags of recyclables then stocked up on feed and food and headed home.  Lots of thunderstorms were brewing in the area when I left Alpine and about 30 miles from home I could see a big storm near Packsaddle Mountain - not a good sign.  I drove a little bit on the fast side to try and beat the storm home.  Once I finally got to my road I could see the downpour was just south of me and I figured I was home free.  At the highway and for the first 2 miles my dirt road was dry as a bone...then I hit rain.  I barely made it the last half mile - sliding all over the place.  Still drizzling when I pulled up to the house, I frantically unloaded 6 bales of alfalfa and 4 bags of range cubes to get them out of the rain.  By the time I packed in my groceries, the rain stopped and the storm headed SW of TFL.  If the storm had really hit me, I would have been home just in time.  I was really afraid I was gonna get swamped out with a truckload of feed and food.  Funny thing is, I timed it just right to almost get stuck.  As it turned out, 30 minutes sooner or later and that last half mile would have been just fine.  89,99,74, .05",B  

2 comments:

Margery Billd said...

Well, lucky you, you have a home to go to. We will get rain here by the weekend in San Antonio area. I have been watching it because I have to finish cleaning the inside of my truck. I have to rearrange the bed and blankets back there,etc. because the camper shell leaks or water gets in from underneath or something. Maybe I will caulk someday or put a plastic tarp down someday. I have some big trash bags down. I will keep it under the carport when it rains this time. An SUV is watertight.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Have you got enough rain to fill all your tanks?