Thursday, March 31, 2011

sucking air...

Made the rounds to the Waterboxx experiment today...previous sprouts are doing fine - a couple of new ones - and a few that looked like sprouts that didn't make it.  Gave them all one last extra drink but from here on out they are on their own.  Can the Waterboxx sustain life in the desert?

Long lunch lull at the GrubShack.  Looks like we may be looking at a cover charge soon - Jerry picked up my friend Pat Obryan's  guitar and can play just about any song ever written with only 3 chords. 

Ural maintenance on the schedule for today.  Discovered that one of the fuel lines was shredding.  Took a ride over to Chucks and he just happened to have an extra chunk of hose.  Replaced a couple of sections and it purred like a sick kitten but ran like a gem.  Alpine trip on the list now for gutter supplies and more hose so I can replace all the lines.













Found that my new tomato plant has its first fruit forming.   78,90,43,0,B

9 comments:

markiesparkie said...

I'll be sure and bring my guitar if and when I ever make it to the GS. I guess that would be IN Terlingua.
Just curious if you add a paper product to the fertilizer...

rj said...

In case you were wondering what a "Ural" is:

Imagine John on the front and Benita on the back

markiesparkie said...

Ural is Rusky motorcycle with a sidecar, driveshaft drives sidecar wheel giving the three-wheeler two-wheel drive. Driven by horizontally opposed two-banger ala BMW.
Don't think Bonita would fit or follow, unless the sidecar is baited with yummies.
Come to think of it, S TX is a great place for those...

Dani said...

JW - 1st tomato - brilliant - now you're going to be hooked LOL

Very interested to find out how the Waterboxx performs...

Phyllis said...

Nice looking squash seedling!

John Wells said...

I believe that waterboxx has palo verde trees sprouting.

Bob from Athens said...

I discovered the hard way that most any rubber hoses in the dry desert heat deteriorate very quick unless you use them pretty regularly so they can stay lubricated.

GYPSY JESS said...

Looks really cool!

Allen Hare said...

I'd forgotten about the the Ural. Glad you're still riding it. I just resurrected one of my bikes for commuting, now that the weather is getting warmer.

Great to see those sprouts coming up. Excellent news about the tomato.