Wednesday, December 21, 2016

battery shift...

Getting ready to take my flawed battery system out of service and replace them with the batteries that are sitting charged but idle in my old wind farm battery house.  I have kept these 3 year old golf cart batteries charged up but really haven't been using the juice very much.  Gonna clean up all the contacts and fire 'em up to see how they do until I decide on different batteries.  Note: my little experiment in rammed earth on the battery house has held up quite well after 8 years. 67,75,41,0,B 

3 comments:

intermittent marathonian 00 said...

Have you got (6) 4 vdc cells going there ? Was there a reason to not use those for your PV system ? Thanks for sharing your experience.

John Wells said...

Those are 6 volt batteries...I used this type for my original system. I switched to the 12 volt deep cycle marine batteries as an experiment when I added more solar panels.

MountainManMike said...

Hmm I need to go back and read more about your rammed earth experiment, I don't remember how you did it...