Tuesday, December 6, 2016

two years...




Two years ago on this day I took a little vacation to Medical Center Hospital in Odessa.  Decided this day would not be a good one for ground testing the trike so I set about getting rigged for a CG (center of gravity) hang check.  I needed two good ratchet straps for the task and I knew they were in my truck...somewhere.  Decided today would be a good day to clean out my back seat area that has been packed with stuff for years.  Among many other things, I discovered half my wardrobe was stashed away back there...and yes, the ratchet straps.  Got them hooked up but have yet to ratchet myself off the ground.  Not so sure the separate harness set-up I have is going to work with a trike configuration.  60,71,38,0,C  

5 comments:

intermittent marathonian 00 said...

Please indulge my ignorance about this type of craft. Does the three-wheeled carriage separate from the rest of the assembly after lift-off ? Also, have you considered wearing a rigid ankle brace - walking boot to reduce risk of re-injury ? Thanks for chronicling your intrepid ness in multiple areas.

Hollis said...

I see another addition to the postcards.

John Wells said...

The cart comes with me so I will have wheels to land with also. My motor and wing are more than capable to handle the additional weight of the trike. The trike weighs about 50 pounds - my trainer weighed at least 50 more pounds than me and he flew my rig with ease. I won't be wearing "the boot" but I will be wearing sturdy boots and some additional protective gear.

rj said...

Pretty gnarly scar. Must of been a difficult healer. The Tundra probably deserves a vacuum and shampoo treat after all these years of service. Maybe it would like a visit to ithe current Tundra plant in San Antonio before its too old to make the trip.

John Wells said...

My truck interior is in serious need of some detailing. Can't use my vacuum because the replacement brushes for my generator got delivered to the wrong address yesterday. Ordered more to be delivered Friday. Might have to do a blog post about filing a claim for a mis-delivered package...it's crazy. No one wants to take responsibility for it.