Saturday, December 3, 2016

housebound...

Hunkered down in the hut most of the day waiting on the rain.  Finally started drizzling late this afternoon and so far less than a quarter inch - which is better than the more than 1/2" that was forecast.  Spent some quality time watching paramotor videos on YouTube with popcorn.  My bedtime entertainment center consists of a hinged 1x3 that holds my tablet computer (on two drywall screws) right in front of my face.  Also have some stereo headphones for that surround sound feel.  When not in use, it swings out of the way back against the wall.  Came up with that quality of life enhancement when I was still wheelchair bound.  Who needs a 40" plasma TV...?  51,57,53, .22",B

5 comments:

Jenne said...

Cool beans. Less is more. Hope you get to fly soon!

Margery Billd said...

Wait, much more rain might arrive. Popcorn is a good idea.

Gene Adcock said...

Popcorn and video! You got me hooked on some of those paramotor videos back when you first started the hobby. All your fault .... but they are fun to watch. I watch because there is not one large enough to carry 300 lbs (and I would not be able to keep one foot on the ground while flying)

Michael D. Berry said...

John
One of the coolest things I ever did, and I did it back in the 80s, was to fly a paraplane one afternoon on a day I woke up not even knowing what a paraplane was.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'll be in Alpine over the weekend of the 16th, hanging at the Holland Hotel Saturday evening. Fly in and we can take turns. I'll buy the fuel.

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect quality 'me' time to me. We had a song way back when I was still a whopper. Ag pleeze daddy and the chorus goes..popcorn, chewing gum. Now I can't get it out of my mind.