Wednesday, December 7, 2016

nine years...

Hard to believe today marks nine years at The Field Lab.  I have now officially lived here longer than any of my other homes.  I'm good for at least one more year.














Did some CG (center of gravity) hang tests with the flying machine today.  It was a bit tricky to do solo.  I was unable to ratchet myself off the ground so I had to rig the harness into position - jack it up - and climb in.  First hang was a little too tilted back and "nose high" because I am a little heavy on the back side, but I was able to make the adjustment to get the thrust line just right.

Finished off the day checking my road to the mailbox.  As I suspected, it held up pretty well after the long soaker we got.  Plenty of ruts to follow out since 5 truckloads of idiot hunters already made the trek yesterday.  Got a nice surprise in the mail from a new Facebook friend, Jude Verret.  A load of honey.  64,70,37,0,B

11 comments:

Margery Billd said...

A spoonful of honey a day is good for you. Thoughtful gift. Warm lemon juice and a little honey mixed in is good for you too if you are under the weather or to clear out the sinus.

Unknown said...

The honey looks delicious. So good with butter on hot biscuits!

Unknown said...

Just finished the other night reading your entire blog for the second time. Many days I dream of chucking a few belongings in the truck, heading to your neck of the desert and explore, and maybe settle. Some day. You've got to get back in the air, pulling to hard for you. You can do it. Hope to meet some day.

John Wells said...

James...you might just win the Field Lab Trivia Contest some day.

JudithK said...

Oh. Well then. I guess I've been reading you for 9 years. Time flies when you are old.

Unknown said...

I guess the decade celebration will pretty much depend on your next....flying escapades. The Romans used comfrey to help heal broken bones. Yummy honey!

MsBelinda said...

Congratulations John on your nine years!

It was because I wanted to leave a message on your blog that I joined Blogger back in December 2008 after Ara did a post about you.

mike said...

your now a tru hermit

John Wells said...

If I was a true hermit...I wouldn't have put up over 3,000 blog posts and over 10,000 photographs on the internet.

BigJymn said...

Congrats my friend; on your nine years of freedom. I came across you 7 1/2 years ago, and have followed you since. Your blog has helped me keep my sanity over the years. I still work to come down there soon. My Uncle from Springbranch, Tx visits often; but I still yearn to return myself, (I'm still stuck in Ft. Worth). Happy Anniversary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wells said...

Thanks James....come visit anytime.