Friday, December 9, 2016

generating again...

Finally got my generator brushes.  Had a bit of a delivery snafu.  The set was supposed to be delivered Tuesday but got mis-delivered (first time this has happened out here in 9 years - and of course it happened to be something I really needed).  I was hoping they would show up the next day but no dice so I ordered another set while I tried to figure out how to get the first set.  Called UPS and they told me they were delivered to Lobo Villiage at Sul Ross University.  I called SRU and asked if they had my package - yes they did.  Did they consider calling me or notifying UPS - no they didn't.  So I got both orders finally delivered to me today and filed a claim with Amazon for the delivery charge on the first set.  Good news is I have 3 backups now...as long as I don't lose them.  Note to my future self:  I am putting the extras in the 3rd drawer of my tool cabinet.  I have enough key words in this blog post so the next time I need to replace one, a search of my blog should lead me here.  Late night update:  Just got an email from Amazon - they refunded my shipping charge for the late delivery.  44,50,32,0,C

5 comments:

rj said...

Remembering where you put stuff is one of the problems of advancing age. Always putting up something in the same spot helps. I could
probably use an inventory system.

John Wells said...

I always leave stuff out where I can find it. It's when I clean up and put things away once a year that I have trouble finding anything.

JohnnyM said...

I leave items of importance then hubby comes along, says 'Where is it' - flustered I mumble oh it will turn up.. now a days he finds Tim first, waits 24+ hours to rankle me LOL. No worries

Margery Billd said...

Yes, I looked for my pick up or down grabbing pole extender and was so annoyed about where I put it. So I went back to the place it should have been and LOOKED and lo and behold, there it was folded up.

Stuart said...

I have lots of different hobbies, probably too many. So, in the shop and home, there is lots of stuff. Selves with glass jars and labeled file cabinets have proven to be valuable in finding stuff. There are times when things go missing, like the favorite coffee cup with coffee. Age has taught one not to get angry. The item will turn up. Even if the mold has to be scrubbed. The best one I have heard lately: The guy who was searching his car with the light of his cell phone looking for his cell phone.