Friday, December 16, 2016

Help Wanted...Goat Herder

May have just happened upon a part time gig.  Ran into my old friend John Stolt and he took me out to see Goat Town - his goat raising enterprise just south of me.  Since he is based in Houston, he needs someone local to kinda keep an eye on the herd...I am local and I like goats.  He also has two llamas with the goats.  We shall see how it pans out - have yet to work out the details.  From what I understand, goat herding is a noble profession.  68,84,38,0,B  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Could be a great job. Maybe you could take Ben along! ;-)

intermittent marathonian 00 said...

Might investigate coralling some domesticated burros in there to discourage coyotes, unless the lamas serve that purpose
I don't know if burros deter mountain lions or not.

intermittent marathonian 00 said...

Error on my part. Llamas, not Buddhist monks.

Rita B. said...

Excellent idea! And those are very nice looking goats. Stay war...fronts coming.

Unknown said...

Once upon a time there was a lonely goatherd...(yoddeling)...hoddelee..hoddeloou..

Dale said...

Being there when it's time and helping birth baby goats isn't as fun as it sounds.

Unknown said...

Gosh, if I were not so old I would jump at the chance. Right up my alley. Go for it. I really hope it works out. David was a shepherd. It is a noble profession.

neil said...

Yippie yi ooh
Yippie yi yay
Goat herders in the sky