Saturday, October 17, 2009

BALLOON BOY HITCHES RIDE ON NEAR MISS ASTEROID...PARENTS DISTRAUGHT!














Just Field Lab visitor day today....met more great folks. First was musician Kelli King out for a visit with her folks, Phyllis and Gene. Kelli is playing down in the Ghost Town tonight. Next up was Rick. He is in town to see all the great music going on down south this weekend. All got the grand tour. People in Texas sure are nice...

Not much else to report today other than cooked another game hen in the solar oven for supper. Stayed away from my tech issues. UK Neil is helping me figure it all out. THANKS! 65,68,50,0

8 comments:

Allen Hare said...

Wish I could be there this weekend for all the music. Some friends of mine were there for that event last year, and loved it.
The wife and I will be there in about three weeks. We're really looking forward to it. It's the high point of our year. Let us know if we can bring you anything from the big city.

neil said...

Interesting article about balloon boy and his dad here...
http://gawker.com/5383858/exclusive-i-helped-richard-heene-plan-a-balloon-hoax

TexasMan said...

Yes dear, a sun cooked game hen would be great for dinner.

Drat, I forgot I haven't built the solar oven for her yet! Grilled wieners instead.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I have a bunch of game hens and roosters running around here but no solar oven. Wouldn't do me much good as it is cloudy and cold. I plan on experimenting on a solar oven, I will put it beside the chicken coop to encourage more egg production.

mwsmarc said...

Great to see you again, John. Enjoyed the quick visit.

TROUBLEnTX said...

am i losing it? kellis pic wont enlarge, ricks will?

Bob from Athens said...

As far as the computer situation, just plug the thing-a-bob into the doitchy and most important hit enter, preferably with a ten pound sledge.

Anonymous said...

John!! Thanks for the official tour. I so enjoyed meeting you. Can't wait to do it again! I love I'm a part of the visitor list.

The music always happens the third weekend in October! Hope to see some of y'all next year!

Viva The Field Lab! And Viva Terlingua!