Sunday, October 25, 2009

Betty has left the building....

Our beloved GrubShack Betty left for Looziana today. Seems she has answered a higher calling in that she is going home to take care of her mother who is recovering from complications due to knee replacement surgery. Although we will all miss her, it is for a good cause - and one that too few in our society would even bother with. Most folks these days just stick their parents in a nursing home and just leave it at a call once a week...but Betty is better than that. We will all miss her but know she will be back.

The good new is my friends Jerry and Eva are taking over the GrubShack. Rather fitting that almost 2 years ago (to the day) when I came out to buy my land, Eva was the first person I met when she was working at the now closed forever Terlingua Ranch Lodge. Even better news - Betty will have internet access back home and be able to keep up on all the news via my blog.
Baked a batch of solar baked banana,walnut,blackberry muffins for her this morning. Just caught her at her house as she was all packed up and ready to head out this afternoon. See you again soon Betty! She aint gone forever....just on hiatus. 66,88,46,0

7 comments:

jandean said...

Bye Betty. If Betty feeds her Ma those sandwiches every morning, her Ma will speed heal! Good luck to the interim chefs. BIG shoes to fill.

MsBelinda said...

I am sure her mom will recover faster now that she will have Betty by her side.

I love the picture of Jerry and Eva holding hands...that is so beautiful.

Just Me said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Betty's mom.

John, I love your oven mitt!

Anonymous said...

like john said, most would just stick em in a nursing home but betty is better than that. thats commendable!

nice looking muffins!

ezrablu said...

Sorry to hear about Betty's ma. How ironic cuz just last night I went to give a hand to 83 yr old farmer and our very conversation was your exact words, John. What happen to the days when families took care of their own?
I wish Betty's mom the speediest recovery, a safe journey for Betty and 2 of your beautiful muffins for breakfast tomorrow.

Allen Hare said...

Sorry to hear about Betty's mom. I was looking forward to trying some of her grub. The wife and I will be down to Terlingua by lunch time on Tuesday of next week. We'll come by there for lunch, and hope to run into you there.
Good luck with the next phaze. I reckon you have more trusses to raise.

tffnguy said...

Betty, Too bad you weren't here long enough for me to get to know you a little better. You make a mean hamburger so I hope Eva does to. Wish you the best and hopefully you can make it back here before long.

I've been seeing Eva just about daily since she has been working as the cashier at the Big Bend Motor Inn cafe here in Study Butte. I'm sure they will miss her.