Friday, May 22, 2009

thunderstorm!



The day started with a brief light drizzle...just a dust settler. Beatrice and Benita were in for snacks - together here at the Field Lab for the first time. Met up with my new friend Myron Friend and wife and son at the Grub Shack for lunch. Lots of clouds out there today. They got a brief tour and it started to rain again so they skedaddled. Bits of rain here and there so I took a nap. Woke up to a phone call from who other than FedEx...the G9 was almost home. Told the driver if I ain't at the corner when he comes up 118, take it to Chucks house. Sure enough as I was ready to head out - the heavens let loose. At least the camera is safe and sound at Chk's now. Total of .69" through the day and still a light drizzle going on at 10PM. Had a brief let up allowing me to get the pump going for tank 2 located next to a creek. Beautiful sunset and a big ol' rainbow as I was out admiring the flows. The dam is filled to the brim - may move my new 3000 gallon tank down there tomorrow to fill from the latest catch.

5 comments:

rj said...

Makes you reflect on what's really important...rain in South Texas....

MsBelinda said...

I am so glad you finally got rain and were able to fill up your water tanks.

I loved the picture of the lake with the rainbow, liked it so much I set it as my desktop.

I bet you will have a lot of visitors this Memorial Day weekend. Miss the high and low temperatures you used to post.

Allen Hare said...

Good for you on getting some rain, and the almost return of the G9. Hope you have as much positive energy flowing tomorrow. Will this rain fill up all 1265 gallons of tankage that you have? Hope so. That would be a boon going into summer.

kahuna said...

So I was talking the other day to a friend of mine who said "hey if you ever need to daydream or something, you oughta check out this fieldlab guy's blog" and I said "yeah, I know him", and he says "Oh, so I've told you about him before?" and I said "No, dude, he named a cow after me!" so I thought you'd get a kick out of that

Ben in Texas said...

I just now took a long hard look at your rainbow. If you blow it up and look hard, there are two rainbows!! I have seen a double down in that area before and once,, almost a triple. Amazing!!