Sunday, June 2, 2013

His truth is marching on

We have reached a point where instant information is at our fingertips...but truth still alludes us.  Liars are rampant in the information age.  I have a saying here at TFL - If someone describes an event or situation to me, I tend to say there is no way I can know the real truth unless I was there to witness it myself - and even then I am only half sure of what the truth really is.  Satan loves deceit and it is his strongest weapon.  The good news is there is an "app" available that can help with any situation.  The Holy Bible - The Living Word of God.  When I was growing up, we would sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic in music class and in choir.  I must have sung this song a hundred times.  Today we sang it in church and I listened to the words for the first time...

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on.

John 14 : 1 Let not your heart be troubled : ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am , there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know , and the way ye know . 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest ; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way , the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  89,100,72,0,B,.32

5 comments:

Chris Miller said...

The irony of the first paragraph in this post is astounding but I agree with you 100% on that point.

Chris Miller
Our180.com - One Family's Journey To Finding True Happiness

Jay said...

Glory Glory, Hallelujah indeed.

Keep seeking the truth, John. You are so correct that deception and lies are Satan's most powerful weapons.

Testing the word others give you is not only wise, it is instructed to us from the bible.

12 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. 14 And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle,[c] encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. 15 See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies, 21 but test everything; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

Jay said...

Please forgive me. I didn't assign proper credit.

That previous bible quotation was from

1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5.

Feel free to look it up and test the words for yourself.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Always loved that song. Sang it a lot in worship sevices.

Rita B. said...

Do love that hymn.