Sunday, June 16, 2013

Preparing your heart...

The photo is an earless lizard native to the area.  They are characterized by having no external ear openings, presumably to prevent sand from entering the body as they dig.  And yes, even without ears, they are able to listen.  Church was cancelled today so I worshipped with my other church family in Raytown, MO.  http://www.rivercentral.org/  Pastor John Wiley had a wonderful message about training yourself to prepare your heart to hear the Word of God...a habit worth working on.  He has much to offer if you learn to ask with all your heart and are able to listen for the answer. 

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. 6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.    

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found , call ye upon him while he is near:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish , neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.   

5 comments:

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

at first glance I thought I was having a acid flashback from the 70's

Adolf said...

Thank you John.

I started following your blog early on, somewhere in 2008. I have been interested in off grid sustainable living for awhile, and looked forward to your daily comments.

Then you brought Christianity into it. As a former mennonite far removed from the faith and upbringing, I was initially angered that religion was encroaching into a blog I had enjoyed for some time. So I stopped reading.

My wife pointed out my own hypocrisy of not following my creed of accepting other people's belief and being judgmental (the short version). So I started to read your blog again.

Interestingly enough, your method of sharing The Word has resonated deeply with me, and I find myself on the path of redemption.

The Lord bless you and keep you, John.

Unknown said...

I wonder why Adolf drifted and it reminded me of a recent article which you might enjoy. Listening to Young Atheists

C T Dunn said...

This Pro Broadcaster has chosen to remove this channel from the ustream.tv site.

You have removed your stream?

Unknown said...

Two Pastors John...;-)