Thursday, June 20, 2013

your feed dollars at work

Bought the first official feed for the boys today with ingot money. They have a nice big round bale coming this weekend.  Thank you again for helping feed Ben and Bud.
Mixed up a magic potion to tan the snakeskin from the recent kill.  I learned this from the rattlesnake hunters that came out last year for the film shoot.  Three equal parts - distilled water, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol.  Soak for 3 days then stretch out to dry.  I finished off the skin from last year with some Bick 4 Leather Conditioner before I mailed it to Ben Fogle back in England.
Kinda missed my Ebay sterling searches so I checked out some recent listings - found a deal too good to pass up.  Got over a pound and a half of soup spoons for a future project....perhaps some sterling coins.
Carl and the girls got their favorite dinner tonight...shredded cabbage and carrots with quinoa.
94,105,81,0,C,0

7 comments:

Grandmama Sarah said...

Hope to join the Ben and Bob Booster Club on your next offering!

Rita B. said...

OMG!!! Carl's hangin with the girls. What a great pic. He's so cute! But, does he get nervous in there and want out? Like, is it too "chickish" for him? Does he need "Bro" time? too cute! That looks like some mighty yummy hay for the boys.

John Wells said...

Carl won't come out since I put him in there.

Smackmama said...

I am in awe of your talents John Wells. I'm still waiting on the Oscar-winning movie.

Jay said...

Fieldlab chickens eat better than most American humans.

pamit said...

That's my favorite dinner too!

MsBelinda said...

Does that mean Carl has had his way with the girls?