Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Arkansas

Easy day off after the round trip north.  Cleaned up a bit and whipped up a batch of bread dough for the solar oven.  Had a GrubShack lunch with - then tour for my boyz from Arkansas -  Bruce, Dick, Lee, and James.  These trouble makers are in town for their annual chili cookoff trek.  I have been in touch with Bruce for the past year so it was good to finally meet him and his gang.  Sent the boyz packing with 4 loaves of my specialty bread to share with the crazies down south tonight.  My secret recipe goes great with any kind of chili....even chili with beans!  64,80,46,0,B

6 comments:

Storm said...

Only a damn yankee could suggest that chili could have beans!! :)

Everyone knows that the original and only chili is Texas chili which never has beans..

(but being a frugal bastard I make a bean soup at times which remarkably tastes like chili..) :)

mike said...

Them boyz look HUNGRY

Billy Bob said...

Beans are a perfect filler for a pot of chili....much better than okra. But the same goes for gumbo, okra is much better than beans.

Bel said...

Hey y'all. I am a native Texan. As was my mother before me and hers before her and all the way back to my great great Grandfather who fought in the Mexican war as a Texas Mounted Volunteer (led by former Texas Rangers). My family has always had beans in our chili!

I've always felt like some kind of traitor to say it, but I love beans in my chili!

Fine looking group of men. Might have to check out that contest sometime.

UTSA Paratrooper 04 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K1MGY said...

In his book, Apollo EECOM, Sy Lieborgot recounted his participation in the Chili event. I wonder if he's doing it this year?