Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Input

Thanks for all the marketing ideas...I always welcome suggestions.  Two things I will never do is fill my blog up with Google Ads or put up a Donate button.  If I have something to sell, it won't be someone else's ad and I will never ask for a donation. Nor will I ever ask someone to pay me to come build something for me just to learn how to do it. 

That being said...I just received part of my latest postcard order and completed the order for a set of 12 Fieldlab postcards to be offered up for sale just in time for Christmas. http://www.vistaprint.com/   The set includes some of my favorite images that document my new life in the desert over the past 3 years.  This photo of Benita is one of them. Ordering details in about a week. 54,78,38,0,B

12 comments:

Bruce S said...

Great news. Count me in.

Ron/Debbie said...

A great calendar would sell pretty good. A calendar with Benita and the other creatures around the Field Lab would be good.

El Viejo said...

Dig out the Santa suit for a Field Lab Christmas pic.....I'd buy some

Boo Barksdale said...

Excellent,
I like the solar oven recipes too, and any other idea developed out of the sustainable lifestyle,
you go John!

allen said...

Mr Wells ,

I have a question for you ,,on your wind turbines ,, how do you keep the wiring from twisting up since the turbine are free to spin with the wind ...sgtdesertstorm.

Gavin Thomas said...

Oh man, a decent calendar option would be great. Benita, the Ural, That dusty frog... lots of picture ideas in just the past few weeks.

Just make sure you choose a template with the moon phases on it... I hate the plain templates :)

Wallace Hunter said...

Glad to see you are standing firm for what you believe. I hope to do that when I get my homestead going. We hope that after our Appalachian Trail hike next year, we learn enough to become a "cottage company" in the camping gear industry. Then I will take down the Google ads! ;)

Carl said...

it's very much appreciated that you don't add to my daily load of advertising pollution. a calendar is a great idea...maybe one with pics and/or solar oven recipes!

GYPSY JESS said...

Awesome! I blogged about you today. Debbie's idea for a calender is a great idea. We could help with the photo op if you want.

ezrablu said...

Benita looks so beautiful...wonderful photo; I can't wait to see the others.

Allen Hare said...

I'm in for a set or two. Great first offer.

tempechance said...

LMAO--I loved the comment about those "workshops" Owen Geiger answers questions on his blog. I ask another lady and was informed she did not do charity! I was welcome to pay appx. $1000 to come to her workshop, building her a building and maybe get a free question answered. Seems she is the real one asking for charity. Loved how you called them on it!!