Saturday, August 1, 2009

David Lawrence is my hero...

Got an email today titled "Vermont doppelganger"....Seems a Vermont man has raised a young moose after it had been attacked by dogs. Something about a bearded man befriending a big beast really touches my heart for some reason. Now of course the authorities want to step in. http://www.timesargus.com/article/20090731/NEWS02/907310356/1003/NEWS02

No progress at the Field Lab except a little more clean up. A good part of the afternoon involved a group of neighbors answering the call and getting GrubShack Betty situated with a more appropriate trailer to haul her TriKing to Looziana for her August vacation. I don't think this rig would have made it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks as if they are taking the "life" out of Fish and Wildlife. Thanks Department of Fish and Wild!

Allen Hare said...

Sad moose situation in Vermont.

That's a good looking trike on a raggedy trailer.

I'll probably be trailering one of my bikes out to Terlingua in Nevember. I hope my trailer holds up, too.

Bob O said...

A striking resemblance....

lynette355 said...

clean up is not fun but needed
sad that the trike was in an old trailer but if it still works then...isnt being green mean using what we have?
off to read about the moose

Anonymous said...

I've riden all over the US with my Indian replica. I'll post a picture or two of it on my blog today. I think I'll sell it in favor for the dirt kind 4 wheels or 2 in the dirt sounds like more fun in terlingua.

The guy with the moose should be an example of how to be with the animals. I'm sure the official policy is to keep the moose from becoming dependant on humans, but whatcha gonna do when you build 200 homes in his habitat?

colorphoto said...

THat looks like a stuffed moose head in that photo!