Sunday, August 23, 2009

got the jump on Monday...

Chilly 66 degrees outside this morning got me all gung-ho...kind of like how my old dog Goldie would get all riled up in the cold weather back in NY. Decided to see how far I could get with truss #2. I rather enjoy having a productive Sunday when the rest of the traditional working world is savoring their last weekend day and dreading Monday morning back on the treadmill. 400 linear feet of half inch rebar and 214 cuts later I had all the pieces prepped and the first half of the truss laid out for welding. The effort took most of the day, 4 1/2 hours of generator time and about an inch off the cutting wheel on the chop saw.

7 comments:

Billy Bob said...

John, I'm no "expert" when it comes to welding, but it looks as though you need a little more penetration on your weld joints. A couple joints look to have very little at all, but, I'm look'n at a photo.

Great job on all the cut'n today. Is yer arm sore yet???

Fine look'n critter you had back in New York. Looks a little bit like Lug Nut from a distance.

Allen Hare said...

Wow! What a productive day! I know that gives you a good feeling. Cool photo showing the new one coming together through the one in place. I hope you get a chance to get it welded together on Monday.
That 66 degree morning sounds GREAT. It'll be a while yet before we get one of those up here in the Heat Island.

KE5MIL said...

Now that's gettin after it! Man, sure would be nice if some of that 66 degree stuff would blow over this way. I didn't get anything done today, to darn hot and you're right, I have to get back on the treadmill tomorrow. What a drag.

Andy Graves said...

Would you add a RSS feed so your updates automatically update please. Thanks for the consideration

neil said...

The site already has various rss feed URLs

Full site feed:
http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Comments-only feed:
http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

see this...
http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=97933

Anonymous said...

I know Im late with the comment but, If the T-shirts are for sale I'll take a XXL in grey if you have any.

KE5MIL said...

Ditto, I'll take an XL here.