Tuesday, August 18, 2009

just when I was about to give up on the world

No work - just disdane for the current administration, popular culture and the media at large. This is the only news of the day that makes any sense and really perked me up:
Paul Reubens has announced his triumphant return to public scrutiny: Pee-Wee Herman will appear live onstage in Hollywood with a limited engagement beginning November 8 at L.A.'s The Music Box @ Fonda, according to Entertainment Weekly. (Tickets are on sale as of this morning.) According to a statement, The Pee-Wee Herman Show will feature Miss Yvonne, Cowboy Curtis, Jambi, Chairry and all your favorites." Long live Pee-Wee Herman...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

just remember, the world is a perfect mess, always has been and always will be. go peewee!

B C Dean said...

Enjoy your blog and admire your venture. I'm a refugee from upstate NY working in Houston some 20 yrs now but I love it down there where the Creator deposited all the left-over rocks.As for P.W, I find it sick and twisted that he lost his fine show for being a jack-off, yet real fiends like Gingrich and DeLay are still all over the tube like stink on shit.
http://liquiddaddy.blogspot.com/
(my blog)

Anonymous said...

This was my reality check today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIrvpn3k9A4

Made me laugh after a long day..

dylan said...

great post.

PEE-Wee = Awesome
Field Lab = Awesome

GREAT BLOG

Ben in Texas said...

Well so far I am in the minority here, Never cared for Pee Wee at all. what ever.

Anonymous said...

pee wee in hollywood hey thats only a 20 minute drive from here. thanks for the warning. I try even harder to stay away from that part of town. he he he

BigTex said...

I found a company that will do some shot glasses, bar openers, t-shirts, etc for hal-price if you can find a way to copyright "Field Lab" and make it research non-profit. I'd buy the shot glass and the bottle opener, not so big on t-shirts. Any way, the whole shibang-a dozen of each and "free"* shipping for $70.

Peewee gave me nightmares as a kid.

Unknown said...

Was i the only one to catch your waggish spoof?

KP said...

I agree that PeeWee returning to the stage is an excellent omen!!! There is hope for us after all! Wish Captain Carl was still with us though...

Been following your exploits in west texas since you were 'boinged'...but PW (and that splendid solar baked crab!) moved me to finally comment!
I use your experiment as an example in my high school class of getting off the grid!
Keep on keepin on!