Monday, July 6, 2009

In Memory of David Crump

Got almost a full Monday in by moving and stacking 100 cinder blocks. Finished up the north and south entrances. Did the north side in the morning. Took a lunch break at Corrao Italiano - spaghetti and meatballs at Chuck and Kathy's. Finished up the south side late in the day. My delivery from McCoy's is delayed till Wednesday so I reckon tomorrow will be a solar bread day - sun permitting.

Received this extraordinary email today which I immediately responded to as requested...

My name is Dianne Crump from Austin Texas. Although I do not know you I have a favor to ask of you. My husband, David passed away on Thursday from pancreatic cancer. During his year long battle we would sit and watch Texas Country Reporter on Sunday mornings. In June we saw you on the show and you recited a poem that truly touched his heart.
David's memorial service will be this Thursday, July 9th and I was wondering if you you would allow us to read your poem at his service? and if so could you email it to me?
Thank you so much,
Dianne Crump (Austin Tx)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDoLYrMRIw
Rest in Peace, David Crump...

6 comments:

Mr_Brown said...

It's always hard to know how deeply our words will touch the soul of other people.

Sometimes it's an honor.

Ben in Texas said...

What Mr Brown said!!! you are so right sir.. sometimes the simplest thing or actions have far reaching after effects.

Bob O said...

You done good.

Thanks.

MsBelinda said...

What an honor it must be to know that your words resonated and made an impact on another individual.

My condolences and respects to the family of David Crump.

kahuna said...

that's beautiful.

TexasMan said...

sequoryThat was very kind and considerate of you. But I had already deduced you were that kind of "Texan". You sire have earned the right to be called a Texan.

My condolences to the Crump family also.