Sunday, July 12, 2009

Salamander Sunday

Took the day as it came - just as planned. Did 3 loads of laundry and had breakfast at the Motor Inn Cafe. Brought the wet rags home and hung them on the clothes line. Works faster than a 2 dollar laundromat dryer.
Did very little outside today other than moving my shade rig out of the way. Found this little salamander under the cover. Spent most of the rest of the day literally chilling out inside with Pepino.

Research project of the day was a solar oven pizza....had to bump it in the propane grill to brown the crust and cheese.

9 comments:

TexasMan said...

Field Lab Pizzeria! Looks good and probably tasted good too!

gerry rosser said...

Just went through your Sept. 2008 posts. Left a comment. Do you get alerts that there are new comments on old posts?

Nelson from Garland, Texas said...

Your photography work is awesome. I laughed out loud at those clothes and your comment.

Next year, the week after July 4, when we always spend a week in Galveston, I'm going to be the talk of the beach with my solar oven pizza.

Judy said...

So will you tell your recipe? I've looked back and cant' find one.....
Thanks

Anonymous said...

What can you do about flies and bugs crawling into your food in the solar oven? And No, bugs are not welcomed protien and there must be a way to keep it closed off and leave it for an extended time.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful salamander. Sure do enjoy your photos.

Unknown said...

I believe it is a desert banded gecko.

caudisona said...

Yes, your "salamander" is a Texas banded gecko.

Mary Q Contrarie said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day to dry laundry on the line. Wish I had a yard. I get by alright hanging my clothes on a clothes drying rack on my apartments patio.