Monday, December 15, 2008

Back to Earth...

Cool and windy all day today. Really reminds me of a couple of days last year at this time when I was getting my house built - and it was just two chilly to get much done outside. Only reached a high of 56 today with winds averaging 14 mph out of the east - with gusts up to 25mph. Dug up all the parts for the next two wind turbines and plugged away at them. Got the tail sections ready for wire, painted and tail lettering done. Finished mounting one hub and quit at 4:30 'cause I was gettin' cold. Already 38 at 7:45PM and heading down to challenge the 20 degree mark tonight. Not worried about a cold night because I got the propane and 18,000 btu's of heat potential at my disposal if I need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a sweater for Christmas. Or Hanukah. Or Kwaanza. Or a big fat wife. Or a fifth of Blantons.

MsBelinda said...

Was interested in reading how your field lab got started specially the building of your house so I went back in your archives but the house was already built when you started this blog.

My questions are how did you come up with the design? Did you build it by yourself? Where did you live when you first bought your property? by this I mean did you stay in a tent or a camper? Inquiring minds want to know...

Belinda

John Wells said...

I slept in my truck for the 10 days it took to construct the shell of the building - check my website for info and pics of the design and construction www.thefieldlab.org