Monday, December 22, 2008

Big News!

Well, not really....not much new to report. Super dreary morning - cold, windy, cloudy. After posting the photo from my old house in NY yesterday, I was really ready for some snow this morning. Decided to bug out to Alpine for some last minute "Christmas Shopping". Just a few more coveted items for myself ( an 8 Gig SD card for my digital camera ) and some treats for Chuck's dogs. Me and Santa just love the critters.

On my way out today, our dreaded HOA road crew was out to dredge my road just a couple of inches deeper - at this rate I will need a burro or a canoe to get out my road during rainy season. Seems like it was just about this time last year that they came out to do their damage. The road was just fine - they smoothed a couple of bad spots but over all - ignored the worst spots and just dug a deeper canal for the water to flow through next time it rains. Our HOA is the only blight on this beautiful landscape. I reckon there always has to be a down side to every perfect situation.

Allzwell in the desert and now I'm on final count down for Santa. I've been really good this year. I do have a few tasks to perform tomorrow so all is not lost. The next post will be packed with excitement and adventure - I promise!

7 comments:

Zole said...

Your castle looks much bigger at that angle! How's the wind and solar power going?
Zole from good ole Maryland!

John Wells said...

I got power to spare....

Anonymous said...

That's the photo of you I've been waiting for!

Anonymous said...

Hey John, HOAs .... been there done that and I feel your pain. Paradise always seems to have a snake pit or a flooded road lurking somewhere ... lol. I finally have figured out there will those that want to be "boss" where ever one may land. I think over history this has been the reason some brave souls "keep on movin' on." ... either physically or in ones dreams. Have a great holiday.

maewestern said...

I know what you mean about the HOA road crew -- every time they make an 'improvement' on our road we have brand new problem spots. GRRRR!

Anonymous said...

Yo! When does rainy season start/end? Crops in 2009?

SC said...

Maybe the HOA road crew better learn how to build a road first THEN learn how to maintain it! If I've looked at some of the photos of the area from different realtors and the roads look (like what you say) canals. Instead of digging them deeper maybe they should try building them up with a bit of gravel with burms on the sides the water will run off and have a place to run in to.