Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day off

Since I made no plans last night for today's schedule - I seemed to have given myself a free day. Tomorrow will be the shortest day of the year so I will plan in advance tonight for some scheduled tasks to fill it. Found myself a bit lost so just puttered the day away...untangled my Buddhist prayer flags, went rock hunting, and did a lot of pondering my existence. Did some reading of the manual for my Canon G9 to figure out the stitch mode for a big panorama next time there is an excellent sunset. Also found in the manual that in movie mode, I can shoot time lapse video. Been dying to try that with some good moving clouds or perhaps the next flyby of the space station - now I know how to do it. Wrapped up the day getting my high res web cam and my Blue Tooth headset hooked back up to the laptop. I got a Skype video call last night from a friend back home in NY and wasn't ready for it. He is planning to call back tomorrow during his family's annual Christmas party so I can attend via the web. Might just have to break out the Santa suit for that. Since no photo of "the day of not much" today....here is yesterdays photo of the flying anemometer.

2 comments:

Admin. said...

I live a bit up river from you but have an interest in many of the same things such as wind/solar power and such. I have an attached greenhouse, do water harvesting and am looking at a wind generator, perhaps a vertical axis [eggbeater] model.

A neat automatic photo stitching program called "Autostitch" from
a university research program and offers a Free demo version [doesn't do raw images in Free version]Also Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), uses Autostitch software to produce panoramas for film production.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

"Autostitch™ is the world's first fully automatic 2D image stitcher. Capable of stitching full view panoramas without any user input whatsoever,"

John D Baxter said...

I used that from about 2005, for years, still have a copy of the download on one of these many hard drives, simple and very effective program