Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa's coming to town...


Solar Baked Shortbread Cookies: Cooked with heat of the same SW Texas sun that warms my soul every day. Santa was busy all day mixing cookie dough and prepping for the afternoon solar bake-a-thon. Had to refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours and needed to get a bag of ice - there goes my carbon credits for having baked the cookies with my solar oven....Finished the last batch at 4:30PM and wrapped up a bunch of gift packages for my favorite people out here. Broke out the Santa suit and hit the road to spread some Christmas cheer. Folks really like Santa - especially when he actually drops in on them.

My hope for all on Christmas day - that each and everyone receives the happy medium between what you think you want and all you'll ever need, and the forethought to see the difference between the two.

6 comments:

Shadowmoss said...

You obviously make a very dashing Santa. Wish Santa made home visits up here in Tennessee. :) I love it that you are baking in the solar oven. It is on my ever-long list of things to make, although I will be more of the cardboard box type than the elaborate thing of beauty you built.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas John to you and yours.
Found your blog thru Ara and have been an avid reader since.
Happy New Year.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Santa...all I ever wanted for Christmas was you!! Please let Mrs. Clause know how lucky she is, and remind her why the North Pole is the coziest place on earth, short of west texas!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You sure make good sun cookies John, Thanks for bringing one by.
Your friend Big smile

trevor.reichman said...

thanks for the cookies Santa! I got a nice photo of you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill... nice to see you here, a worthy and good Blog... inlcuding a good neighbor that drops off presents in a Santa outfit!!! What a surprise that was... Thank you Santa... They were deliiiiiicious! they did not even have a chance to be photographed before vanishing!
Be well... Ara & Spirit

Oh! Merry Christmas... but I think I already said that.