Wednesday, December 31, 2008

happy new year!

Received my last Christmas gift today....the "Backstage Handbook" from my former NYC employer and now buddy-Chris Callis. http://www.chriscallis.com/ Kind of special that he sent me this book as it is so appropriate to my professional history. I started off in college as a technical theatre major. This book contains all the technical info I would have needed to know way back then, had I pursued that career or my imaging careers (in theatre, film or still photography) - with illustrations that remind me of my favorite manual: Architectural Graphic Standards. The Callis book arrived just in time to help me reflect on my past and future with the year coming to an end. No regrets, so far....It just seems to be getting better and better.

I can't help but be thankful for the easy success I have had (year one) in this harsh environment, thanks in a great part to the friends I have made here. Good people seem to gravitate toward one on another...Chuck, Kathy, Ronald, Craig, Carolyn, Jim, Julie, Whitebear, and Trevor top the list for this year. Looking forward to an incredible '09 in the middle of nowhere - for all of us!

Tonight I am celebrating with the Field Lab House Wine.....Yellowtail Merlot. No way will I make it till midnight - so Happy New Year ( plus 1 second ) to everyone!! There is a lot to do in '09 - so stay tuned.

2 comments:

MsBelinda said...

Happy New Year's John!!!

Eileen Semlali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.