Friday, January 16, 2009

good night sweet prince

Started my day transporting my "compost" to its final resting place. All tucked in now to cook away for a year. Good night sweet prince. For those of you unsure or terrified about "humanure", check out The Humanure Handbook at http://www.josephjenkins.com/books_humanure.html . Since that necessary chore took till noon, I moved indoors to take advantage of some high sun battery power.

Used up the afternoon firing up my desktop computer to copy picture files onto CD so I can load them into the laptop. That took way longer than I thought it would - but now I have plenty of archival photos at my disposal if I need one to fill some space here.
Good news....I did in fact shoot a photo of the day today....tested out climbing up tower number one and it's solid as a rock. Was hoping that would be the case as I will need to get up there to attach "stuff" to them. Wished I had my video camera set up to capture the photo session - I scampered up there about eight times .....with my digital camera set to give me a 10 second head start each time in order to get into position before the exposure. That did it for me today. What did you do today?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A video of the repetitive scampering would have been priceless. Especially sped up slightly and some Benny Hill music in the background.

Anonymous said...

I got to look at a bunch of stars through my neighbors binoculars, Orion and all that . I bet you get to see lots of stars?

Anonymous said...

What did I do Friday? Found Marfa Public Radio on the web and listened to the broadcast online from Baton Rouge while I caught up on all previous "The Field Lab" blog entries. It was almost like being there. Thanks for allowing us to share and enjoy your wonderful life.

Anonymous said...

Dude...where are the snacks.

Anonymous said...

How far down do you have to dig in the desert for a footing? Up here in the frigid New Hampshire its like 4 feet. You get 6 inches of soil then granite. Wicked.