Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Longhorn in the workzone...

Can't say that I started off the day with much gusto. Only thing on the schedule today was to dig the second foundation hole for the entrance towers. I HATE diggin' holes out here....it's either layers of sandstone or clay that's like concrete once you get a couple of inches down. 2 hours and almost a heart attack later - I was done. Best part of today's chore was having 3 longhorns hang out and watch me. There was a cow who I have named Mrs. H. in honor of my old high school girlfriend's mother and two bull calves both named HCH in honor of her father.

After I finished digging I decided to chill out with a drive through the wilderness. Found a few nice fossils and a bunch of old deceased longhorn bones. My neighbor Capt. Kirk says, when a longhorn dies out here - there ain't much left after about 2 weeks.

As I was washing my dinner dishes just before sunset - The H. longhorn family came back by so I dished out the standard fare here at the Longhorn Cafe. The cow came running which can be a bit unnerving. I have a feeling they will be back for breakfast.

Just caught tonight's fly over of the ISS - no good to shoot but fun to watch...perhaps a good photo op will happen over the next couple of nights.

2 comments:

MsBelinda said...

You have not mentioned Benita lately...what is she up to?

Anonymous said...

What kind of fossils are you finding?