Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Longhorn parade

The H. family longhorns were just outside my door this morning when I went out for my early morning tinkle. Not sure if I want to keep luring them in with snacks - I miss Benita...she always moved slowly-no charging toward the grub. Decided I needed a real day off so did a grocery run to Alpine with Chuck. Trying to psyche myself up for a couple of days of concrete mixing for the entrance towers.

Chuck had a real shopping list for a change (from Kathy) and was very diligent in his shopping and crossing things off the list. When he makes his own list - he ends up forgetting to bring it and forgets half the things on the list that he forgot to bring. I forgot a few things but you can bet that he didn't this time. One of the things on Kathy's list was "bring the list back home".

I got back to the Field Lab with my booty at 3PM and proceeded to get reorganized. The dreaded chaos of a small living space was growing again and it was time to attend to it. Will be using the new/super improved spiral method of cleaning of the next couple of days in between building chores. This method should work well because the chaos is most concentrated in the center of my new world so as I clean up spiraling outward - the task gets easier......at least that's what I think.

Going for concrete pour #1 tomorrow. Looking forward to the labor now that I have rested up. The H. family longhorns were still hanging out at the end of my driveway till about 5PM - then they wandered off NW of me. Suddenly out of the south...another group of 14 longhorns came walking up the road. Don't reckon they knew the Longhorn Cafe was reopened because they walked right past my west entrance. I "moo-ed" out to them and they all stopped to take a look - then continued on north of me. They seemed to know exactly where they were headed. Nice to seem longhorns in the neighborhood again. Most traffic I've seen out here in some time...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are these feral cattle? don't see any brands in the pics. the good part is you don't ever have to worry about starving with this "movable feast" coming by every so often. :O)

enjoying your blog. as a "neighbor" of yours living in houston, i get out to west texas quite a bit. one of my favorite places on earth....

Unknown said...

Have you tried the New Improved Spiral Cleaning with added Entropy?

Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of your ice ball sculptures . . .as I recall, you assembled one at the Spencertown Store to greet the weary, frozen lunch crowd. Since it's -5 here, I guess it would take me no time at all to pay homage to the Ice God.

Texas is lookin mighty nice right now. . .